Hi Friends! Happy Wednesday!
I wanted to talk about this concoction for a second. It’s all over the internet and social media and many people do it because it’s popular but have no idea why they are doing it every morning.
Apple cider vinegar is used to cleanse, lose body fat, boost energy and help reverse disease, then adding natural detox drinks to your diet can help you improve your quality of life!
If you want the recipe it’s at the end however, I want to point out all the benefits of ACV and Lemon Juice first 🙂
Benefits of ACV:
- Weight loss: a dose of ACV can curb cravings and help reduce your appetite.
- Natural antibiotic properties: let’s say if you have a stomach ache, a little ACV with water can aid bad bacteria in the stomach.
- Proactive against indigestion: it helps prep your stomach before you eat any heavy foods that may otherwise be hard to digest properly.
- Energy boost: a shot of ACV is a great boost of energy. ACV contains enzymes that can bring you a lift, which also (i haven’t tried this) i’ve read it can aid to a hangover because it helps relieve the build up of lactic acid in the body.
- Aid in allergy and colds: ACV is known to help with sinus drainage and even assist in preventing a cold coming on by killing germs when you first feel a tickle in your throat, take down a shot (or gargle) with some warm water.
- Teeth whitener: gargle some ACV to remove stains from your teeth, like right after your morning coffee. Double win, it also is great for healthy gums and mouth in general since it’s a bacteria killer.
- Balances blood sugar levels: It helps control high blood sugar levels so it is often used as a natural way to aid and treat those with Diabetes.
- 8. Keeps everything “moving”(yeah I said it): aids in chronic constipation (tmi whatever!). But I don’t mean laxative status- just keeps you regular
Onto Lemon Juice:
- Reduces inflammation: if you drink lemon juice in water on a regular basis, it decreases the acidity in your body, which is where disease states occur. It also helps remove uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
- Aids digestion: main reason I add lemon to my ACV shot! It not only encourages healthy digestion by loosening toxins in your digestive tract, it helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping and bloating
- Cleanses your system: it helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating your liver.
- Helps keep your skin blemish-free: the antioxidants in lemon juice help to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too! It can also be applied to scars and age spots to reduce their appearance, and because it’s detoxifying your blood, it will maintain your skin’s radiance.
- Gives your immune system a boost: vitamin c is like our immune system’s jumper cables, and lemon juice is full of it! The level of vitamin C in your system is one of the first things to plummet when you’re stressed, which is why experts recommend popping extra vitamin C during stressful days or when you feel a cold coming on.
- Excellent source of potassium: lemons are high in potassium which is good for heart health as well as brain and nerve function! Another one of the main reasons I make sure to get it in right away in the morning.
- Energy Boost: it helps provide your body with energy when it enters your digestive tract and can help reduce anxiety and depression, even the scent of lemons has a calming effect on your nervous system!
- Helps fight viral infections: lemon is easily the most effective way to diminish viral infections and their subsequent sore throats. Plus, with the lemon juice also boosting your immune system like I mentioned before, you’ll simultaneously fight off the infection completely!
*the main reasons I take it in the morning, on an empty stomach, are to help prevent indigestion and the energy boost!
- 1 bottle of Bragg’s apple cider vinegar (you can find it at the grocery store as well)
- Lemon juice from lemon OR 1 bottle of Lemon Juice (you can find this at grocery store as well in organic section)
- WARM Water (easier on the stomach)
- Optional: honey and tumeric
If you are just starting out I recommend these measurements:
- 1 tbsp ACV
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup warm water (or more if it’s too sour for you to start)
Where you want to get eventually:
- 3 tbsp ACV
- A splash of lemon juice (1/2 tbsp)
- As much water as you need
The more ACV the better!
When to take it:
Take it on an empty stomach, before breakfast
BUT if you workout in the morning, don’t take it before you workout if it’s on an empty stomach because it’ll make you a weeeee bit nauseous. Take the shot after you workout, even if you’ve had food, you’ll still reap the benefits!
Anyone have any questions??! 🙂 Happy to help@