And it’s been awhile
Since I could hold my head up high
And it’s been awhile
Since I first saw you
Wow, I am lame.
I don’t post often because, honestly… I haven’t been busy. LOL (got ya there- another lame comment…fail). I’ve been sleeping. 🙂 However, I am posting because I’ve been sick in bed for almost a week and I’m running out of Netflix Christmas movies. But come January 2nd I will be VERY busy. Changed jobs and will be fully engulfed in my job just like I always am. I’ve taken some time off to re-group, catch up on the sleep I’ve missed for the last 4 + years, hit the gym like I used to, and spend time with people I care about. So here goes nothin– here’s the latest recipe I created along with a workout!
1 pan dinner: Ingredients:
- Wild Salmon (because it’s way better for you duh)
- FRESH sage
- Garlic Powder
- Yellow Squash
- Olive Oil
- Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- If frozen salmon- thaw it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Peel the paper layers off the garlic and discard. Use about 4-5 cloves and finely dice.
- Chop up the sage.
- Slice the yellow squash into 1/2 inch rounds
- Cut 1 inch off the asparagus.
- Put thawed salmon on large foiled baking dish.
- Add the asparagus and squash anywhere on the foil spread out.
- Lightly use the olive oil to sprinkle on salmon and asparagus.
- Sprinkle the garlic and sage over the salmon (I add a little bit of garlic over the asparagus as well)
- Sprinkle garlic powder over the squash.
- Put lemon all over salmon and asparagus (I’m a little addicted to lemon so I add more after its done as well!!)
- Add himalayan salt(this kind of salt HYDRATES you instead of dehydrates so you can use as much as you’d like) and pepper to everything to your liking.
- Pop that baby in the oven for 10-12 minutes and VOILA!!! Nomzzzz
Dec 2016 | Aug 2015
I only put this picture here to show what almost a year of NOT lifting weights does to you… I was training for a half marathon from November 2015- April 2016 so I held off on weight training and focused all my attention on running. I might do that half-marathon again this April 2017 but I will incorporate weights into my running routine if I have to because I have never felt so weak in my life than I do now. The squat rack is NOT my friend currently. I am strong in other ways like my endurance ( when not sick..) but I want a well-balanced routine of both strength and endurance. So here’s to new goals and getting back at it in the gym !!
Workouttttt time: Shoulders/ Tri’s
- Arnold Press : 4 x 10
- Lateral Raise Catch : 4 x 15
- Bottoms Up Kettle Bell Press : 4 x 10
- Kettle Bell Upright Row : 4 x 12
- Dumbbell Front Raise + Row : 4 x 12
- Z Press : 4 x 8
- Bench Dips : 4 x 12
- Cable Rope Extension : 4 x 12
Hope everyone had a good weekend full of holiday cheer and joy while I’m crawled underneath my covers searching for more Netflix shows and movies 🙂